Create Recurring Credit Card Payment in QuickBooks
Are you in search of an automated system which pays automatically on a particular interval of the period? Well, Recurring Payment in one of them all in QuickBooks which help you to charge your client automatically after a period of time that you will set.
If you are looking to connect the recurring payment system with QuickBooks then fill the recurring payment system with your customer & your payment details. There is another option in which generating invoices & paying for invoice get in automated mode through QuickBooks automatically recurring payment system.
- Mac user can’t access the QuickBooks recurring payment option.
- QuickBooks online has different recurring payment procedure.
- The recurring payment is applicable for the credit card transactions only.
- No Repeating transactions are swiped, they processed Non-Qual or Mid-Qual rate (example. rewards and cooperate cards would process at the Non-Qual rate).
- You will receive notification of every single transaction on your primary email address.
Steps to make Recurring Credit Card Payment:
Follow the below steps to create the Recurring Credit Card Payment.
Step 1: Get repeated payments started
#1 QuickBooks Desktop recurring payments connecting process.
- Open QuickBooks and move to customer menu, select Credit Card Activities and click Set Up Recurring Payments.
#2 Standalone Recurring Payments connecting process.
- Login to the Merchant Service Center.
Step 2: Create the recurring payments.
- Go to the menu, and choose Processing Tools
- Click on Create a Recurring Payment
- Next click on Create New.
Note: Download the PDF file that contains the terms & conditions of the recurring payments. And Ensure that you have signed authorization form from the Authorization link before setting up the recurring payment system.
Step 3: Create New Customer or Use Detail of Existing Customer
- Create New Customer: Click “Add New” and fill all the required fields. If you are configuring recurring charges with QuickBooks then at the first step add the customer to the QB accounting software the proceed with an existing customer.
- Make payments to an existing customer: Click on Manage Recurring Payments and enter the name of the customer in the customer field. If it is connected with the QB then the list of existing customer will appear and if customer details are not displaying then it will display in the running list of the customer, that you have entered while setting up the recurring payment.
Warning: If a customer assigned with foreign currency then it is recommended to deselect the user. Because it can cause so many issues like recurring payment mode is available in US dollars only. And in this scenario, it will create issues
Step 4: Assign Proper Name to the Recurring Payment
For easy management assign recurring payment with a valid name so that you can identify easily. The name also shows on email notifications after each transaction. Although items will not show in the email notification it will be listed on the QuickBooks invoice.
Step 5: Schedule payments set up
You can control the set schedule for a repeating payment according to the Start date, End Date, and the Frequency.
- Frequency: In this, you can set how frequently your transaction needs to be done. You can set up it on the weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Start Date: Select the date on which you want to pay. The date must be in future (tomorrow or later (up to a year from today)).
- End Date: You can also select the date on which you need to end the payments. this is your last bill date. Leave this field blank if not required.
Step 6: Select an invoicing option
Your company QuickBooks file can access through Recurring Payments. Access your QuickBooks customer invoice and lists and even recurring payments posts automatically updates to QuickBooks, also you can do.
You can also create recurring payment on the regular schedule for that you charge your customer automatically. But what about the books? Possibly needs to recorded on invoices and payments for every transaction. The handle these things in two ways:
- Auto-generation of Recurring Charges for every invoice of payments
- Manually already have created or create an invoice for every payment.
Step 7: Enter Credit Card Details
- Fill the payments details which are required for the specific files.
- If billing with commercial card then select the checkbox “This is a commercial card” and enter the sales tax amount and customer accounting number.
Step 8: Notify the customer (Optional)
Select the option “Notify, my customer, that I set up this recurring payment checkbox” if you desire to send a notification to your customer through email.
Step 9: Review and save the recurring payment setup
After reviewing the setup completely ensure that your customer has signed the terms & conditions applied.
Always review your recurring payment setup carefully, you have entered all the terms of authorization form signed make sure by your customer.
If any changes required in the Profile click on Edit and save the changes & finally click Submit button.
NOTE: Ensure to close & re-open QB after applying the changes in order to sync the data with QuickBooks. It will take few hours to apply recurring changes.