Disabling Password Protection While Using Sleep Mode
Sleep mode is a function designed to save power and thus increases battery life. Usually, when the Windows 7 computer is idle for a while, it automatically slides into the Sleep mode. Nonetheless, though this feature in Windows 7 aims to benefit the users’ systems, some users may feel it a bit annoying to enter the password every once in a while to wake the computer and start working again.
Many users use the Sleep mode just to save battery life and not to lock the computer. This can be done by altering the default settings through the Control Panel to disable the password protection required to wake the computer. Follow the below-given set of instructions as provided by the Windows 7 help and support website to edit the settings and use the Sleep mode as per your desire.
Disabling Password Protection While Using Sleep Mode Instructions
- Go to the desktop on your computer running on Windows 7, and click on the Start button to open the Start menu.
- You can find the Control Panel link on the left pane of the Start menu. Click on the option to go to the Control Panel
- Select Power Options the resulting window, and move on by selecting Change Plan Settings in the next window. You can find the option next to the current power plan used by your computer.
- Opt for the Change advanced power settings link in the resulting window, and click on the Change settings that are a currently unavailable subcategory.
- Select the Plus sign against the balanced option found in the list and expand the section. Click the Plus sign against the require a password on wakeup option, and click on the arrow next to the Setting
Windows 7 help and support
- Opt for Noin the resulting drop-down list, and select Apply to set the changes as desired.
- Click OKand confirm that you want to switch off the password protection allied with the Sleep mode.
- Restart your computer and finish the procedure.
The above simple steps would get rid of the hassle of inputting a password every time your computer sleeps. However, it is recommended to use the Sleep feature along with the password protection mode to keep your system and data secured from unauthorized access.
For any further assistance on altering the Windows 7 power settings, or resolving any technical problem, contact the Windows 7 help and support website and get the required support.