Fix Component issues using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Fix Microsoft.NET Framework, MSXML & C++ Issues
Most of the user know that QuickBooks utilizes the components like MSXML, C++ and Microsoft.Net framework in order to run the application successfully. In this article, you will learn different methodologies to fix component issues using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Generally, you face error like “Unable to install QuickBooks desktop” due to the MSXML, C++, and Microsoft.Net framework issue.
What is Microsoft.Net Framework?
The .Net framework component helps to run’s interface application correctly. QuickBooks/Pro series/Lacerte has Microsoft.Net framework in a different module of the program. Please also note that different.Net framework is available corresponding the individual version of QuickBooks Desktop. Most of the time this .Net framework gets corrupted & shows error like:
- QuickBooks Error 1903
- QB Error code 1603
- Error 1904
- Error code 1722
- QB Error code 1402
- Corrupted Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML and C++
What is MSXML?
MSXML allows the program coded in VBScript, and Microsoft development tools to create windows coherent XML related application. With the help of MSXML, you can manage data with easy UI, but this is applicable only for viewing information in a Notepad, not for the apps running in the background.
If MSXML is corrupted or missing, check the following:
- Make sure the MSXML has been installed on your system correctly.
- If are having issues to access the registration file. Go to the following path to check MSXML is installed properly or not: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\COMMON FILES\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBRegistration.dat
What is C++ for QuickBooks Desktop
The MS C++ Package contains library files needed to run a program developed with Visual C++, the language within which QuickBooks Desktop was written.
If your PC is not having the right version of Visual C++, QuickBooks 2015 and later versions update it automatically.
Steps to Fix .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ Error
Solution 1: Use the QB Diagnostics Tool to fix .Net, MSXML, C++ issues
- Download QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic tool from the official website.
- When a message display on the screen, save the file to your desktop.
- Close QuickBooks related programs and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic application.
- Now reboot your PC in order to run the update successfully.
Solution 2: Repair Components Manually
- Reinstall/Repair Microsoft .NET framework
- Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
Error Encountered when Microsoft C++ is damaged:
- Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register
- Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Error Application: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [Year]\QBW32.exe Abnormal Program Termination.
- C++ runtime error! c:\program files\quickbooks online backup\onlinebackup.shl
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error!
- Application failed to start because of wrong configurationt.
Things to Remember:
- Ensure the internet connectivity is reliable, if your internet is slow, it might take much time to download QB desktop install diagnostic tool which results in missing or damaged components.
- Make sure to reboot your machine so that the changes get in effect after a restart.