Here is a Quick Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15102
Fix QuickBooks Error 15102 When Downloading Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop Update
When you download a Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update, you receive the message- Error 15102: Failed to Reset Update. Now you can easily resolve the QuickBooks Error 15102.
Following are the possible reasons behind Error 15102:
- When the Shared Download is turned ON, but the specified download location is invalid or inaccessible.
- If you are operating QuickBooks Desktop in a terminal services environment in multi-user mode.
- If you are using Windows Vista and you’re not logged in as the Administrator.
How to Resolve Error 15102:
This Error occurs when you are using an older version of QuickBooks Desktop. Hence it is important to update your QuickBooks Desktop version and download the latest tax table.
- If you are using multi-user mode, Change it to single user mode.
All the other users who are accessing the file must log out.
QuickBooks > File Menu > Switch to Single User Mode.
- Make sure that the Mapped file location is correct.
⦁ Press Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information Window.
⦁ Select Help > Update QuickBooks
⦁ Click on the Options tab and make sure the information in download location is correct.
⦁ The drive that appears in the Product Information window if Shared Download is set to Yes should be same as the drive in the download location.
⦁ The QuickBooks Desktop installation directory must be same as the directory in Download Location, When Shared Download is set to No.
⦁ If the location is incorrect, Follow these steps to change the location
a. If the shared download is selected to Yes, Select NO for the shared download and vice-versa.
b. Download the latest tax table again.
- If you’re using Window VISTA, Run QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator.
a. Right Click the QuickBooks icon> Run as Administrator.
b. Click on Continue when the system asks you to run this application.
c. Reset the QuickBooks updates.
Hopefully, these steps will help you in fixing QuickBooks Error 15102. For more help contact us at +1-818-296-0721.
You can also visit here for more information.