How to Fix QuickBooks Freezing Problem After Installation
Fix QuickBooks Freezing Problem After Installation
QuickBooks is a widely used accounting software all over the world. Nonetheless, bugs and errors can appear while using this software. Sometimes QuickBooks Freezes while working, means QuickBooks doesn’t close when you try to shut it down. In this blog, we are going to discuss the causes and solutions of QuickBooks Freezes.
When does QuickBooks frozen take place?
While installing QuickBooks Desktop edition, it is quite likely to happen that the installer may freeze for a couple of seconds or even stop responding to the commands of the user. Basically, it may get stuck on the “Installing ABS PDF Driver…” window. You would want to eagerly get rid of it to begin QuickBooks operations.
Causes behind “QuickBooks Keep Freezing”
Following are the list of reasons why QuickBooks freezes:
- The Windows Operating system is out of date.
- If the user account is enabled that can also be the cause of QuickBooks Locking up.
- When the DDF and the user preference files are damaged.
- Due to some risk, the file doesn’t allow you to operate the Windows.
- If the applications are running in the background that can also be the cause of this error.
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks freezing problem
Below are the troubleshooting steps to resolve “QuickBooks Freezing up”:
Solution 1: Rename DAT and DDF Files
- Firstly, Close the company files on all the systems.
- Find the Company directory and change the name from DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT.
- Eliminate each file that has a DDF extension.
- Now, you have to open the company and press confirm to save the payments from the same directory.
- At last, you need to print it by clicking on Print.
Solution 2: Close Tablet PC Input Services
- Press Windows + R, write MSC and select OK.
- Double-Click on the Tablet PC Input service.
- Now, Select Stop the Service option.
- Again, Double-Tap on the Tablet Input Service and select Properties.
- Now, you have to disable the startup type and press Ok.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Block programs in Task Manager
- First of all, Operate Task Manager.
- Now, highlight the programs starting with .qb
- Select End Task, at the bottom of the page.
- Block the Task Manager.
Solution 4: Close QBW32.exe Process
- Right-click on Windows Taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
- Now, Select Processes Tab.
- Click on Image name so that it will filter alphabetically.
- Search and choose EXE.
- Click on End Process.
Solution 5: Download QuickBooks Install Tool
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Install the file on the desktop.
- Run after closing every program.
- Once the program is completed, restart your system.
Solution 6: Download Clean Install Tool
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Save it on the Desktop.
- Now, Open QuickBooks Clean install utility .exe.
- Click I accept all the license agreements.
- Choose your QB version and press Continue.
- Now, Click OK.
Solution 7: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Select Windows + R and open Run Command.
- Find the Control Panel and press OK.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Now, click on QuickBooks from the list of programs for uninstall.
- At last, you have to go through the on-screen instructions to finish this process.
In the above blog, we have described the possible solutions to fix the QuickBooks keep Freezing problem. In case you have not been able to resolve QuickBooks freezes issue till now, instantly call