How to Fix Start Menu and Cortana are Not Working
Microsoft has recently launched it’s Windows 10 anniversary update. These updates come with many amazing features however there are various technical glitches associated with it. One of such error is Start Menu and Cortana are Not Working. So in this blog, we’ll demonstrate how to fix this Windows update error.
With the enormous number of worldwide users and more than 1.2 billion active users, Microsoft has conquered the global marketplace. With such a gigantic users ratio, a puny problem with the application is hefty bothersome to bear. Like a tiny pin is good enough to give a reason to knee-jerk a giant elephant. Microsoft always caters the need of its users, and to tranquilize its customer’s appetite Microsoft always deliver its stupendous updates to its beloved users. Since these updates are versatile in nature Microsoft user often faces complicate issues with their applications. Under such circumstances, you have to do a bit of sleuthing and scrutinize the cause in order to minimize the error. If it still bothers you then immediately contact our Microsoft Helpline Number toll-free USA-CA and get a fabulous consultation and meticulous assistance.
With upgrade number of versions in Operating System and Office applications, people these days are facing various entangled errors which appear to be a concrete in order to fix it. The most common error reported by the Windows 10 users is Start Menu and Cortana are not working in Window 10.
Now let’s understand what is Cortana? Cortana is your digital assistant on your Window 10 device. She will help you things done. With voice recognition facility Cortana in Window 10 lets you have a glance what your day looks like, starting from your first meeting to your tour travel plans it will give you all the necessary updates of your plans with much-needed information.
The more you use Cortana, the more you will in addiction with it, because it helps you to prepare meetings and learn about the people you work with. You are always under the control of your data with Cortana since it connects with Office 365 and reminds you everything about your next movement including why you have to stay in the next place so that you do not go late.
Things Cortana can do for you:
- Give the remainder of your meetings including details of time, place and people to meet with.
- Track your travel plans including flight details and expenses.
- Send emails and texts.
- Manage your calendar plans.
- Find facts, files, place, and info.
Users these days often experience a common error i.e. Start Menu and Cortana is not working in Window 10. Here are the steps to follow in order to fix the bug:
Boot the system into safe mode then reboot into the normal mode to fix Start menu and Cortana critical error.
How to get into Safe mode:
- Hold the windows key and press the R Key to open a run prompt.
- Type MSCONFIG on the run line then click Ok.
- The system configuration utility will open.
- Click the BOOT Tab, and then Check the Safe Boot Checkbox.
- Click Ok, then yes to restart the system.
- After the system reboots, sign in and boot to the desktop in the safe mode.
- Repeat the steps to open MSCONFIG and UNCHECK the Safe Boot option, and restart the system again.
The start menu and Cortana should now work normally.
- Hold the Shift key down while you press the power icon and select Restart.
- Once you are within the Window Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Setting, and Restart.
- When your system restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
- Once you sign into your account in Safe Mode, restart your system to return to a normal mode.
You should now be able to log in without any problem and error. If Cortana and the Start menu still do not work then immediately dial our Microsoft Helpline Number toll-free USA-CA and get personalized support from our certified tech support executives. Our helpline is available 24*7 round the clock which can be accessed from any remote location.