How to Fix “This is a Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks database” Error?
For organizations, it is very important to keep track of the flow of money. The financial data and reports are generally monitored by the accounting department through analyzing transactions and dealing with the taxes and payrolls.
QuickBooks is one of the most prominent business accounting solution software for small and medium-sized businesses. It maintains the daily financial & accounting data. The software offers single as well as multi-user mode to its users.
QuickBooks has a large database which allows multiple users to store and retrieve their data. Due to this vast virtual space sometimes problems arise with the database. One of the error is Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks Database Error.
Reasons for Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks Database Error
It may be possible that QuickBooks Support is encountering problems which aren’t observed.
This may arise due to network or drive issue. As a result, the QBW file makes it a difficult task to recognize the file corruption. The files are corrupted much before they are recognized by QuickBooks.
How to Fix Corrupt or damaged QuickBooks database error in 3 easy step
1. Run the Rebuild utility for repairing the corrupt database file.
Before running the Rebuild utility make sure you follow these points
- In case the file is stored on a network drive, copy it to your local drive.
- No items such as Customer Name, Accounts, etc. should be hidden.
2. You can now run the Rebuild utility. Go to the QuickBooks “file” menu to find this utility. This will notify you to back up the affected file.
3. After running the “Rebuild” utility return to the “Verify Data” utility. It should be done before renaming the QuickBooks log (QBWIN.LOG) file. This file can be found in the installation folder of QuickBooks.
Hope we have helped you in fixing ” This is a corrupt or damaged QuickBooks Support database ” Error. If the problem still persists Call QuickBooks Error Troubleshoot Services