How to Search for Transactions in QuickBooks
This guide covers the complete steps to find QuickBooks Support for transactions. To read your transaction follow the below steps:
Let’s Search transactions by date, number or amount:
- Select the search icon at the top of the page
- Now type transaction number or date or an amount and hit Enter.
- If the search results are not appropriate the go with the Advanced Search
- You can choose this option alone or in combination to choose the data type.
- Change Reference no.To Date.
- Change Today to Past 30 Days.
- Click Search. You will search a list of transactions.
- To sort the details, change Date to Amount, enter 100 in the box and this time, select Add filter.
- Select the setting icon and select the columns to show for customizing your search results.
- There are other options available to print the results or export to an excel sheet, beside the Gear icon.
Filter Result by Transaction type:
- Search By Customer name:
- Select Sales from the left menu.
- Choose Customers option
- Now select a customer to get the transactions.
- Find By Sales transaction:
- Select Sales option from the left menu.
- Choose All sales option at the top.
- Choose an invoice or estimate to get the transactions.
- Search By Vendor or Supplier name:
- Select Expenses option from the left menu.
- Now, select Vendor or supplier at the top.
- And now you can view the transactions.
- Find By Expense:
- To search by Expenses select Expenses option from the left menu.
- Now you can view transactions by Expenses.
Please Note: You can sort the list by type, date, amount, etc. In column Or select the Filter button to narrow down the list by Date, Expense Type etc.
View Recent Transactions
There are two ways to check the recent transactions:
- Preview all recent transactions.
- View Transactions by data type, like an invoice or bill.
To view all recent transactions:
- From the top select the clock icon for viewing the recent transactions.
- Select a transaction to open it. If you do not see the one you want to open, click More.
To view one type recent transactions
- Click Create and then check for your desired transactions. eg. Invoice
- Now click the Recent Transactions icon again.
- Now choose a transaction you want to view.