How to Setup an Email in Outlook 2016
If you have outlook 2016 on your PC then the first thing you will do is “Setup an email in Outlook 2016“. But if you are a new user and you don’t have any idea of email setup then the following article throws light on steps to set up your email account in Outlook 2016 on your system. You can use it to add different email accounts to Outlook at the same time and use it simultaneously.
Follow the Steps to setup an email in Outlook 2016:
Step 1- To set up your Email account in Outlook, hit on FILE tab present on top left corner.
2nd Step– A new page containing ACCOUNT INFORMATION is shown hit on ADD ACCOUNT button.
3rd Step– You can add a new account in two different ways: –
AUTO ACCOUNT SET UP
- Enter the following particulars: –
- your name
- email address
- And you email account password
- Hit on NEXT button.
Note: – if an error is encountered, double check your email address and password. It will work with very common email accounts like outlook.com, gmail.com,yahoo.com, etc. if you have your personal email address, then I will highly recommend you to go through manual account setup. Mentioned in step (b) below.
- Hit on FINISH button.
MANUAL ACCOUNT SETUP
- Choose Manual setup Or Additional Server Types
- Hit on NEXT button.
- Choose POP or IMAP from choose service page.
- Hit on NEXT button.
- Enter the following information: –
- Your name: – is the name which you want it to appear in emails that you send.
- Email address: – it should be full email address.
- Account type: – consult your email provider whether they provide you IMAP services or POP3 services. POP3 is used to download the content into your system. Whereas IMAP, you can use for synchronization across multiple devices. I will recommend you to go with IMAP.
Note: -if you have chosen POP3 then you can see “deliver new messages to:” option occur on the right-hand side of the page. Select the required option whether you want new outlook data file or existing Outlook data file.
- Enter incoming mail server: –
For IMAP: – imap.gmail.com (this is for gmail.com, for any other domain name consider your provider)
For POP3: – pop3.gmail.com (this is for gmail.com, for any other domain name find your email service, provider)
- Enter the outgoing mail server(SMTP): –
- Then Enter your username: – this is your full email address.
- After that Enter your email account password
- Uncheck “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication “
More Setting to complete the Setup an Email in Outlook 2016:
The setup an email in Outlook 2016 does not stop here. There are some advanced settings that you need to do to make your email up and running with Outlook.
Step 4- Hit on MORE SETTINGS button and select OUTGOING SERVER tab.
Check the box in front “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
Enable “use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
Disable “Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail.”
Now select the ADVANCED tab from the top of More Settings window.
Step 5- On the ADVANCED tab, enter the information provided by your email provider. I have mentioned the most common setups below: –
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: – SSL
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 (automatically)
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: – it is entirely dependent on your email provider.
For e.g.: –
If your email provider provides you SSL then select SSL, if they offer you TLS then select TLS, you can also choose none or auto.
- Outgoing server (SMTP): – 465 for SSL, 587 for TLS. Moreover, 25 by default.
Hit the ok button; we are back to add account page.
Step 6- Hit on next button to make connection to the server & test the configuration, if any of the entered detail is wrong a red cross occurs, you need to correct your mistakes, and if all the entered details are correct then a green tick is shown
If you see the green check on that window after that, you can close that tab.
Step 7- we enter into new tab informing you “we have all the information we needed to set up your account.”
Now click on FINISH button.
CONGRATULATIONS you have successfully done the setup an email account in outlook 2016.
By following the same method, you can add as many accounts as you want into your Outlook window. But if you need any help then you can call the support number or read other articles for the help.