Troubleshooting PC Application Errors
There are several types of applications running on a Windows computer. First you have the operating system, next the device drivers that are used to control your hardware components and devices. Next, there are applications, such as Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word that you use to do your work. You also have security tools, such as antivirus and antispyware programs that are meant to keep your PC safe from external attacks. Additionally, you have software, such as games, PC maintenance utilities, and media players that you need to perform various other activities.
Most of the tasks that these applications perform are done with the help of exe files. For example, Internet Explorer is launched by running the iexplore.exe file and tscd_win32.exe is used by NTRU Cryptosystems to perform specific tasks.
PC Application Errors occur when one or more required conditions for a particular application or process are not met. For example, you may encounter ikernel.exe application error if there are some problems with the memory chips installed on your PC.
Let us now have a look at some of the steps that you may perform to troubleshoot PC Application Errors.
- As soon as a PC Application Errors occurs, the first task should be to check that all conditions required to work with the particular application are met. For example, if you encounter the iexplore.exe error, then you may first ensure that your PC is connected to the Internet or ensure that Internet Explorer does not have too many add on components installed that are preventing it from working normally. If a system file, such ikernel.exe generates errors, you must run diagnostics tests on your system hardware. To do this, you may use a good PC diagnostics utility.
- Next, because all applications require exe files to perform various actions, ensure that your PC is not infected by a virus. This is required because virus infections are a major cause of several problems related to exe files. To ensure that your PC is free from virus infections, you must update your antivirus tool and perform a full system scan. If an infection is detected, you must get rid of it to resolve the error. It is recommended that you run the virus scan twice to ensure that no malicious information is left behind.
- PC Application Errors may occur if you fail to update your software on a regular basis. Software manufacturers release these updates to include enhancements in their products and also to patch up any bugs or security loopholes detected in them. To update Windows and other Microsoft products automatically, you must keep the Windows Automatic Update feature enabled at all times. You must also update your other software whenever you are prompted to do so. Lastly, to update your device drivers easily and efficiently, you may seek the help of a good driver scanner tool.
- If your hard disk is cluttered with junk files and is fragmented, errors are bound to arise. To prevent this, you need to use the Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter tools to first clean up the hard disk and then defrag it to make it contiguous and fast.
- Finally, ensure that your registry is intact and the errors are not generating due to erroneous entries within it. To scan and repair registry entries easily and efficiently, you may use a reliable registry cleaner tool.